Thursday, January 1, 2015

When life's kicking your butt, how about a theme song? [13] Rocking it out!

Hello 2015, you're going to be an awesome year filled with new adventures, family and friends, and many laughs. Just in case a jump start is needed, January is all about rocking out! 

Maybe you're jazzed about the resolutions you've come up with or maybe you're pumped that 2014 is finally over. No matter, let's get to the music because with music everything is just right. Oh, and I haven't settled on any resolutions yet. If you want to share yours, that's cool. 

My pick is Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N' Roses. Early in the football season the Seahawks still hadn't found their groove and then the opposing team's stadium had this song blasting. I bounced on my balance board and cheered. If any team is going to rally to a good and gritty rock song, it's the Seattle Seahawks, Everything clicked and all to the best soundtrack. 

My sister's pick is Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar. Remember the movie Legend of Billy Jean? 
 
Holy cow!

My mom's pick is Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen. I can't help but think of some 80's sports movie, you know the athlete isn't supposed to amount to anything, but he's training harder than everyone else. And you know he's going to win the Gold. That or my mind goes to a Cheech and Chong movie. Either way, it's Springsteen. It's all good.

If you have a song to share, please do stop by! I'd love to add it to the playlist. Here's the youtube page with last year's playlist. Happy New Year! Let's make it a good one.


9 comments:

  1. Born in the U.S.A!! I LOVE that song <3

    Happy New Year, Robyn! Hope 2015 will be a great year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so good! I hope your 2015 is a great year for you too! One thing is for sure, our TBR shelves will always have something good waiting for us book girls!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Robyn!!! I haven't listened to Born in the USA in forever. But as for Guns n Roses....lets say I'm a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! A beginner at GNR? That's okay. I do have a few of their CDs from days when my hair had way too much hairspray in it. Oh goodness. I hope your 2015 rocks Ki!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year!! I just love all three of these songs. Rock Anthems are a favorite of mine for sure :D I haven't made any resolutions this year, but I didn't last year either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to think of what your favorite theme would be. I'll have to do a listener's choice one of these months. I think no resolutions worked out for you. Does Zane make resolutions? I tried talking to John about resolutions. He told me, "I'll try running once a week." What the heck? Happy New Year, Jaclyn!!

      Delete
  4. *HA* All these songs brought back some great memories!! I'm tapping my foot to Welcome to the Jungle...awesome song! I've made some resolutions...pretty much the same ones I/we created back in November, chickie! I have my game face on for 2015! I'm gonna get my shit together! We got this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Getting my shit together would be a great resolution. I'm not sure if I should make it something easy and light so I stick to it. Maybe cuss less? But then something happens like a car almost backing into me and then everything comes right out of my mouth. But I really need to work on my 2015 game face. I'll do like Will and practice in the mirror! We totally got this!

      Delete
  5. Um....was it the Bengals playing "Welcome to the Jungle"? We play that song a lot in the stadium - we all call it the jungle. Otherwise, I'm perplexed. :D Great songs!! :D

    ReplyDelete