Sunday, February 1, 2015

When life's kicking your butt, how about a theme song? [14] Big Production Numbers

January, oh, where did your days go? It was a busy month and ended with my oldest winning silver at his Special Olympics Basketball Regionals. Good stuff. On the way to the games, I got us lost a few times. Will told his coach, "My mom had to ask three men for directions." This is true. And you know what, the kindness of strangers is a wonderful thing. One guy offered to lead the way back to the highway to get me going in the right direction again. I didn't hug him, but only because he was in his truck and I was in my car. 

This theme song was tough even though I chose it. My first thought was Queen, but then I moved to Aerosmith, but then Adelle won out because her voice is massive. So here's Skyfall from the James Bond movie, Skyfall. 
And here's Queen.
And here's some Aerosmith (Jaclyn picked this last year, but it's so good a repeat is good too).
Okay, here's another bonus video because I can't stop. 

How about you all? Any big songs, big videos, big music moments you want to share? You can even throw in a love song since it's the crazy love month. I won't be mad. Have a great February!





5 comments:

  1. Congrats Will on the Silver!!!! That's awesome. I LOVE every one of your picks. They are just all so great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaclyn! It was so cool. Will had the best time. When he made a shot right in front of his dad I jumped up and down and cheered so loud. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Omigosh! I read this when it posted but forgot to comment. I even shared my giggle over Will's telling his coach about you asking MEN for directions with James. :) I know you're proud of your boy! That's wonderful. Oh, and I mean for the silver medal...not for tattling on you for being directionally challenged. ;) *haha*

    I love ALL your picks for this theme. I still am prodding my kids to get their choices to me so I can post ours. I hope you're having a great week, Robyn!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud. It's been a great experience. I could not believe when he told his coach that I had to ask 3 men for directions. No one else got lost on the road. I need fancy GPS on my phone like Sky. When I actually break down and get a real phone, I'm adding that feature because I suck so bad at following written directions that I wrote down.

      I couldn't even get picks out of my family because I posted this around the superbowl and they were too devastated. The whole state was crushed. Monday was no picnic.

      Delete
  3. These are terrific picks!! I struggled a bit with my choice because I needed something BIG. You know how you choose something but feel kind of lackluster about it? I wanted to pick something that would knock everyone's socks off. ;)

    I was devastated for you guys about the Superbowl. I HATE the Patriots. They shouldn't have won, not by a long shot!!

    ReplyDelete