Monday, November 19, 2012

Very first blog ever!

I thought I'd dedicate my first blog to my favorite first books starting with Tiger Eyes by Judy Bloom. The first book I ever fell in love with, the first time I lost myself in another world. Most writers were avid readers as kids, not me. My mind refused to settle long enough to put the words into focus, but Tiger Eyes held my attention and made way for the dreamer sleeping inside me.

Jump to a few years ago to Stephenie Meyers appearing on Ellen. I had no idea who she was because Twilight was still in production and I was living under a rock. Here's this mom with an entire book series under her belt. So when I turned to writing and reading like they were the only things keeping me sane, I reached for her books. And I loved them, especially The Host.

Then I couldn't stop. Richelle Mead introduced me to a sexy and messed up succubus in Succubus Blues. Vampire Academy sucked me in and kept me there till the end.

Rachel Caine took me to a creepy town in Morganville, Texas with Glass Houses.

Amelia Atwater-Rhodes introduced me to an enthralling fantastical take on shifters with The Shapeshifters: The Kiesha'ra of the Den of Shadows.

My favorite story teller over all these favorites has to be Patricia Briggs. I just love her. Moon Called shows off a style that reminds me of Sue Grafton, but throw in shifters, vampires, witches, and a coyote.

There are dozens of authors and books I love and read and reread. These are just a few of my favorite firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment