Sunday, November 30, 2014

When life's kicking your butt, how about a theme song? [12] Christmas favorites!

I wish everyone a wonderful December. This year I jumped back into the workforce after being a stay at home mom for over a decade. I also published two books, Shadow Town and Soul Twister. I was on track for more book releases and writing projects. Then my mom gig, that wonderful, exhausting, lucky job took over completely. I actually stopped thinking of myself as an author. Craziness! Recently a very sweet, yet mothering coworker told me she wanted so much for me, to find a nice doctor (not kidding), get a degree, and find a better job. "But I have a degree and I really like my job," I replied in a total whine and cracked up immediately. I imagined the future she wished for me and a single fear shot through me. There was no room for my writing dream in her pretty picture. So I remembered I'm a writer and I'm back at it. Promise. 


Baby It's Cold Outside by the Glee Cast! I just love this song!!


Sleigh Ride by The Carpenters! Classic and fun!

Christmas Wrapping by the Glee Cast

John Denver & The Muppets sing Christmas is Coming!
This Christmas by Nat King Cole always makes me so dang happy!



My mom initially chose a song by The Brothers Cazimero, but I couldn't find it on YouTube. Man. She went traditional after that, but you can't go wrong with Barbara.

My sister picked John Denver & the Muppets singing The Peace Carol. She's a total sap because she got all teary-eyed when I played the song.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah... I think sometimes what other people think is best for us is so far from what we'd want ourselves it's not even funny, Robyn!
    I'm glad you still think of yourself as a writer :) And your songs put me in the Christmas mood for sure :)
    Have a fantastic week!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The songs worked magic on me too. I played them while I was editing and when I stopped I was actually really happy (which isn't usually the case).

      It is pretty amazing how different some of those hopes and dreams can be. I think you can probably tell a lot about a person based on what they hope for someone they care about. She hopes I find a doctor to marry! I told her I don't plan to ever marry again, but if Mr. Doctor Man wants to buy the house next to mine that would work, we can totally hang out. hehe

      I hope you have a fantastic week too!!

      Delete
    2. LOL, Mr. Doctor Man can live next door, eh? Sounds like a plan, Robyn.

      Delete
  2. Baby, It's Cold Outside is one of my absolute favorites!! I've already posted it on my blog before though. I love Christmas Wrapping a lot too though. Great pics!! I just LOVE Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've put me in the holiday spirit for sure, Robyn! And I'm glad that this coworker reminded you of what you are...other than a fabulous mom...and para...and daughter...and sister...and best friend! You ARE a very talented writer! I think maybe I need to remind you more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you remembered how it feels to be a writer, Robyn! I hope not to forget it again. I know work can be consuming, but deep down the writer spirit is alive and thriving, right?

    Happy swimming, my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete