Tuesday, January 13, 2015

#LGBT Reading Challenge sign up post! Plus a music video.

I'm doing it. Committing to a reading challenge. Yep. Last year I participated in LGBT month and as a result discovered so many wonderful books I just had to read. I added them to my TBR list and they have remained there patiently sitting through one reading bender after another. My most recent has been Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles. So good, but not LGBT at all unless things switch up pretty drastically. There's still a chance Cinder hooks up with Scarlet, but I doubt it. If you're interested in signing up, click on the pretty purple graphic to learn more about it. I plan to hit the Genre Hopper category of reading 3-10 LGBT books from any genre. 

Oh, and just because here's a Shane Mack song from the movie Shelter. Good stuff. Happy reading, people!

7 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm glad you're doing the challenge too, Robyn. Maybe we can buddy read one. Hey, did you get Nyrae Dawn's Rush when we were at the Seattle Author signing? Anyway, thanks for sharing the video too. I listened while I was starting the kids' breakfast. I haven't seen that movie. :/

    Guess what? THREE DAYS and we get to hang out! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 days chickie!! Of course we can buddy read. That's always a big yes. I just picked up One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva from the library. Can you get your hands on a copy? I remember Lexxie's review of it from last year. She enjoyed it and it looks sweet and funny. If not that one, we'll find something.

      I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I love the soundtrack to Shelter.

      Happy travels. It's been foggy in the mornings and total sunshine in the afternoons. I'm not sure what you'll get.

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your reading challenge! I'm doing two of them and it's a good thing they can intertwine or I'll fail miserably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Robyn! I'm happy you're doing the LGBT challenge, too. You are going to love One Man Guy, it is so good.
    I look forward to seeing your LGBT reviews.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to sign up for this one, too, even though I'm super flaky and God knows if I'll win it, lol. I signed up for the Netgalley challenge last year and failed miserably. But I have a TON of LGBT books from Netgalley and freebies I picked up for my Kindle, so this would be good. Good luck with your challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, reading challenge! I love reading challenged but I suck at those challenges! Even in Goodreads I'm still one book behind schedule!

    Have fun, Robyn!! New books are down the corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Robyn!! Thank you for taking part in the LGBT challenge!! Hope you discover many amazing (LGBT) reads this year. :)

    And aww, Shelter - loved that movie. <3

    ReplyDelete