Wednesday, September 19, 2018

100 word stories, what is this awesome addictive madness?



So I'm in grad school and will be for the next two years. School, work, mom-land, and the books I'd like to finish editing, yes, they're already written, we'll see how it all goes. But first, one of my teachers offered writing a 100 word story as part of our extra credit! Okay, I have to braille it to near perfection, but first I have to write it. What is 100 words? I've written short stories, about 4 or 5 of them, the smallest around 12,000 words. So I looked it up. Holy cow! This is a real thing and you can't stop after one. That's my prediction (plus, another author/blogger said that on her blog-I believe her). Here's my first 100 word story. I'm not sure if this is the one I'll submit, but I'm just going to keep posting the ones I write.

School Hierarchy

Kinder through third line up in a mad collection of noise. Roaming adults repeat the rules. Don’t talk, touch, or leave the faded yellow line. Fourth graders stand next to me on the other side of the courtyard, car-less parking lot more like. Prime elementary year, fourth. You’re not a year from Middle School and you probably grew to satisfying heights over the summer. Yeah, fourth rocked. What doesn’t rock is fifth. The girls are mean. Us boys are approaching pre-teen, which means love-hate with everything. The teachers treat you like a disappointing mini-adult. Yellow line, you good ol’ days.

2 comments:

  1. This seems like it's going to be a challenge for me, bestie. I like your story though and I'll give it a go. BIG LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete