Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sidekick Saturday [10] MAGICAL


Sidekick Saturday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment
Today's sidekick type is MAGICAL!
Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven chose Dobby from Harry Potter. Her son drew a picture and everything. I love Dobby. He's the oddest self-appointed guardian angel ever!
I took a different route.


My pick is Dorian from The Dark Swan Series. To quote Richelle Mead's website on Storm Born, Dorian is "...a seductive fairy king with a taste for bondage..." Come on! He has long auburn hair. He's a king, so guess how arrogant he is. He's from a land where sex happens right there at dinner parties. Not kidding. Case in point, "I do do it in here. I do it in there. Honestly, it doesn't matter. I like variety." Storm Born p.98
Ryan Gosling 2013
Tom Sorensen [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons





6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of him before. Even though I love Mead, she has a lot of books that I haven't read yet. He sounds very yummy :D - thank you so much for sharing! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorian is in my top 10 list of most awesome male characters. The Dark Swan series is only four books long. It should have been 5 or 6 books long. I'm still hoping. Your pick is fantastic. I love that Zane drew Dobby!

      Delete
  2. Oh, YES! I LOVE Dorian...love, love, love him! Great pick! I always did prefer him over the kitsune. ;) I was so glad that things worked out for Dorian and Eugenie...well, sort of anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need another book. I don't want to write their continuing story in my head. I want Richelle Mead to give me three hundred more pages of those two together! hehe. Glad to see another Dark Swan fan out there.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the series but oh my lol. He's arrogant? Does he have any good characteristics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um...

      He's a total Alpha character underneath it all, so he's fiercely loyal and protective. Mead controlled my likes and dislikes for this series like I didn't have a mind of my own!

      Delete