Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Vacation!

I went to Colorado this week. Yep, I saw beautiful mountains, deer, elk, buffalo, buffalo chips (poo), a black bear, and every shade of brown under the sun. I set out on this vacation to snow ski. I've always wanted to, but figured it was one of those things a clumsy girl like me should never do. I did it! Sure I stayed on the bunny hill the entire time and my dad (a real ski person) kept telling me to stop looking at my skis and my four year old zipped past me without falling on his rump once. The kid even lifted one leg then the other. Showboat! I fell twice at the very beginning. I felt unsteady and my brain automatically sent the message to fall good and proper. I excel at falling the right way to minimize injury. You learn that nifty trait after hundreds of stitches, a handful of concussions, a few broken bones...you get the picture. Once I realized the point was to find balance, I stopped throwing myself down on the slush. I loved it. I sucked at it. I wanted to chuck my snow boots off the mountain, or maybe chuck them at my dad. I'm happy to be back in the land of rain and all-over-green. Maybe I'll try skiing again, or maybe it's time to tackle another adventure wish list...zip line baby!


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I bet I wouldn't be very good at skiing either. I do want to do a zip line though :D I hope y'all got lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lots of pictures. John is growly in most of them. He had a rough time, but still got to ski and ride a horse without a saddle!

      Delete
  2. Aw, now I miss Colorado! Lived there birth to 19 and managed to avoid falling down a mountain on thin slats of wood.

    So happy you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you missed it if you grew up there. We always miss home. I think I would like to try skiing sans hills. If I'm on my feet, then I only want to move as fast as I can run (think slow jog).

      Delete
  3. Love the pic! Loved even more your description of your day on the slopes! So proud of you and my always game for anything grandson! Skiing was always on my bucket list too along with bartending and being a D.J. On the radio! Let's spin some vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be great at bartending, sort of a coyote ugly kind of thing. You'd have the men howling and the women dancing on the bar! And you know your music! You as a D.J. would be so fun.

      Delete
  4. Hey Robyn! I'm so glad you had a great time in my state! ;) I'm glad you skied. I had never skied before when I moved here and I've had plenty of those boot chucking moments too! ;) Now the zip-line...hmm...not quite sure I'd be up for that one! Anyway, I'm glad y'all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys had perfect weather for us. We come back to Tacoma and it's in the 40's and pouring. But man, it's green everywhere you look. No to zip-line? All strapped in and rushing through the air, goodness that looks like fun.

      Delete
  5. Good for you!! I have never skied, in part because I don't really get along with cold weather. :) I think it's great that you got your boys doing it while they're young.

    Zip line - yay! Now that I have done. It was in St. Maarten, of all places. I was a sweaty, disgusting mess at the end, but I loved every minute of it!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I want to zip line so bad. I'm totally doing it. I'm a wuss about cold weather, so it's unlikely I'll be ski girl, but I was a hot sweaty mess after the bunny hill!

      Delete
  6. My darling sister, I have finally reviewed all of the pics and have a couple ready to post with a arrow attached to show folks which one they are to watch for (not that it is hard). You are on your tuckus. I also have the one where the boys are helping Dad and Uncle Matt shovel horse poo. Ha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a kind and gracious sister. Really, an arrow, Shann? Was that necessary? i would like to repeat that I fell only two times. Sure I went slower than snot, but I didn't break anything!

      Delete