Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sidekick Saturday [11] Mysterious


Sidekick Saturday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment
This week's sidekick type is MYSTERIOUS!
My pick is Jack Deveaux from Poison Princess. Jack is your garden variety punk high schooler. So much so, it's a miracle he's even in school. With scarred knuckles and a constant stream of Cajun French flowing off his tongue, the kid has so many layers, author Kresley Cole drove me nuts with the slow reveal into his character. You know right off he's hot, he's crass, and he lusts after Evie. That's not a lot to go off. Here's a little exchange between Jack and Evie.
"How did you find me?"
"Not many black miniskirts escape my notice, cher." The Cajunland player. (Poison Princess, pg. 70)

4 comments:

  1. What a great pick. I love the quote you shared :D I haven't read this one, but I do like Kresley Cole. Have a fantastic weekend :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first Kresley Cole book, which is plain crazy considering my love for paranormal romance. I'm not sure how I'll like the rest of this seried, but the first book is a huge winner with me.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter, Robyn!

    I have nominated you for some awards. Here is the link (if you would like to pick them up) http://theartistcreativeforum.blogspot.com/2013/03/celebrating-easter-with-these-cool.html

    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for thinking of me. I just read through the awards and I'm honored. You rock!

      Delete