Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:
• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit's in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well
For the month of December we can choose anything Christmas-related. I've decided to hit up my children's book list because there is a particularly wonderful couple I just love from The Bear and Mouse series by Bonny Becker. Bear is the most pessimistic (and funniest) creature ever! Mouse is the sweetest (and most forgiving) thing ever. Bear lives by routine and isolation. Mouse crashes into his life with zest and kindness. There hasn't been a Christmas book written (to my knowledge), but there was a birthday one. Bear did not want a party or presents or company or any kind of disturbance to his busy day of chores. Mouse kept coming back after being tossed out on his mouse bottom.
I can just see Mouse wearing an elf hat and turning Bear's house into a winter wonderland and Bear throwing the biggest tantrum until he came to his senses and most humbly accepted Mouse's Christmas cheer.