Saturday, July 27, 2013

Sidekick Saturday [24] COWBOY!!

Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fit's in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well
This week's sidekick challenge is COWBOY! 
Jaclyn chose Warren from the Mercy Thompson series and honored him with a fabulous drawing of him. I have to say I've been spinning around on this one. So I have my mom and sister's contribution to this fun meme first because they fired off with their picks, no fuss, no muss. My mom said, "That's easy. Cowboy." Cowboy is the only name I've given so far for a certain vamp in Soul Bender. He wears jeans so tight you really can't see how any movement is possible. He's cute, hungry, and has hat hair. Shannon chose Roman from Richelle Mead's Succubus series. Oh, Roman. He's more of a yippee-ki-yay M-F-rrrr kind of cowboy. Tall, gorgeous, good-maybe not, seductive, vengeful, hot.

Now for me...I choose Jack Devaux from Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. Jack is a wild thing. The rumors floating around school paint the picture of a total bad ass bad boy. And for once they're spot on. He takes what he wants, leaves the rest behind. He's a scrapper. He hates much easier than he loves and they both come out looking the same. And I'm not sure there is a more loyal man you could have at your side when civilization turns to ash. I found this awesome post. Jack Devaux's Top 10 Tips to Win Over a Girl!

“The corners of his lips curled. “You and your secrets. Ah, peekôn, just when I think I’ve solved one mystery about you, up comes another one. I will figure you out one day. En garde, cher. Consider yourself warned.”
Kresley Cole, Poison Princess

“If you touch me like that again, Evangeline,” he began in a husky tone, dropping to his seat once more, “in the space of a heartbeat, I will have you off this bike and onto the closest horizontal surface. And I woan be picky, no.”
Kresley Cole, Poison Princess

9 comments:

  1. It's funny that your sister picked Roman from Succubus Blue... Brandee chose Carter from the same series :)

    I haven't read Poison Princess yet, but it's on my TBR, and now that I know there's a fun cowboy in it, I might just pick it up sooner.

    I hope your weekend is great, Robyn :) *hugs*

    Lexxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The side characters are always so good in Mead's books. I love Carter and Roman equally, but for completely different reasons. I really wanted her to do a spin off of either of those characters.

      Poison Princess is the first book review I did for my blog and I think it was titled, "Why I love Poison Princess." When you venture that way, I hope you enjoy it. Book 2 comes out in October.

      Hugs back and happy reading, Lexxie!

      Delete
  2. OMG I read your quotes and had to immediately add this one to my to-read list cause this guy is H.O.T. Then I went to that awesome link you posted and I'm thinking, "Why can't I read this now?" Oh yeah, cause I have waaaayyy too many on my list above it. Where have you been hiding this one?? Thank you for sharing him with us. I have to know him more!! Love your mom and sis' picks as always though I haven't read Succubus Blues just yet, I really want to. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I'm always the one adding to my TBR list. I don't even know how many purchase requests I've sent to my library. Have you read any of Kresley Cole's books? Poison Princess was my first one by her and I want to read more because I hear all her male characters are rough around the edges. The second book in the series comes out in October. It couldn't come sooner! I love that you asked yourself why you can't read the book now.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of the books you mentioned, but I'm glad you like them.

    Have a great weekend, Robyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaykay! If you're ever in a dystopian mood, Poison Princess is one of my favorites in that genre. There's a ghoulish character that grabbed my attention from the start.

      Delete
    2. Dystopian? Okay, sitting on my TBR right now. :) Thanks for the recommendation, Robyn.

      Delete
  4. Love your mom's and Shannon's picks, Robyn! It's funny Shannon and I both picked from Georgina's books. I have to admit that I am a big Roman fan! ;)

    I haven't read The Poison Princess yet...but it is one of those books that's been patiently waiting on me to get to it. Now I want to get to it sooner rather than later. Oh gosh, always too many books, so little time. ;)

    Hope you're having a smashing Sunday, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books is right. I just hit 200 on my TBR list. I know yours is to the moon. At least book 2 doesn't come out until October. You can easily rationalize holding off even thinking about it until the fall. I've put a few series on hold until they are complete and I can do a marathon reading session. My Sunday has been pretty uneventful meaning quiet, which is so nice!

      Delete